Are you a print shop, embroidery shop, or screen printing shop looking to stand out from your competition? In a competitive market, being open to change and adapting to new technology is a must. Become the leader in your market with a fabric laser engraver/cutter and take your business to new heights.
Laser engraving and etching is a unique application where the laser removes a thin layer of fiber or pigment dye from the fabric while offering one-of-a-kind precision and detail.
Laser engraving is faster than many fabric processes which allow you to offer goods and services at lower price points than your competitors.
What Is The Best Type of Laser for Cutting and Engraving Fabric?
A CO2 laser is the best type of laser for cutting and engraving textiles. CO2 lasers are easily absorbed by organic material. The high-power laser beam burns or vaporizes a material, resulting in high detail artwork and perfectly cut edges.
What Kinds of Fabric can I Engrave and Cut?
With AP Lazer fabric cutters, you can cut and engrave just about any type of fabric, including:
- Faux fur
- Mesh fabrics
- Ripstop materials
- Natural and synthetic felt
- Suede leather
- Rubberized textiles
As with all materials, there are a few fabrics worth mentioning that don’t produce the best results such as terry cloth and other plush fabric materials.
Benefits of Laser Engraving and Cutting Fabric
- Artwork can be positioned almost anywhere on the garment and can cross over pockets, zippers, and side-seams
- Great option for vertical sleeve/garment length decorating
- Achieve great consistency and control with the laser’s accurate precision
- Clean cut edge is created by the heat of the laser and is made without any pressure on the fabric
- Faster than other methods like screen printing
- Contact-less and tool-free process
- No warping of textiles and fabrics during laser cutting
- Extreme accuracy, clean cuts, and sealed fabric edges with no fraying
Why you should invest in a laser fabric cutting machine
A laser cutting machine for fabric and textiles is a great way to differentiate your products from the competition. With a fabric laser cutter, you’ll benefit from more precise cuts, faster production, and higher quality output.
AP Lazer’s laser embroidery machines are simple to use, compatible with most design software, and support the file types you are already familiar with. With our turnkey pricing and technical support team, you’ll be able to maximize the benefits of your laser cutter in no time.