1. Create a PlanWithout a plan, any business will fail. Before placing that order for your newest toy, create a solid business plan that you can follow. You’ll want to determine important things like:
- Your target market
- Your competition
- Your company description
- Your marketing plan
- The structure you’d like your business to have
- Establish funding
- A plan for your budget
- How you’ll tap into the emotional market with your AP Lazer
2. Set GoalsWhat do you want to accomplish in three months? Six months? One year? Set clear and achievable goals that you can reach. Goals will provide you direction and give you a destination. You’ll have a clear focus on what is important and exactly what you need to focus on to get to the next level. Not only do goals give you control of the outcome of your business, but they also provide you motivation to keep going until you reach success.
3. Value Your ProductsAn AP Lazer will allow you to tap into the emotional market by emotionalizing products for your customers in ways you never thought possible. Because of this, you can mark up your products more than you may realize. For example, if your target market is pet lovers, you could offer pet memorial tiles. You can purchase 6” x 6” granite tiles in bulk for about $2.25 each, engrave a photo and a little bit of text onto the tile, then sell the tile for around $100. That mark up is over 4000%! There are so many more products that you can transform into unique treasures with your AP Lazer; it’s important to charge what they are worth. If the product has a custom engraving or an exclusive design that can’t be found anywhere, else – that’s a value that you need to consider when pricing your products.
4. Market Your Business EverydayLike any business, marketing will play a key role in your success. Without marketing, your business will likely experience slow growth. A laser engraving business is unique in that you are offering a product that people don’t always know they need. You need to get your products in the faces of your target audience. Lucky for you, emotionalized products usually sell themselves.
5. Don’t be Afraid to Purchase ArtworkIf design isn’t your strong point, don’t be afraid to utilize done-for-you artwork! There are hundreds of files online available for purchase, and some are even free. Check out this list of free websites to find .dxf files for a start. Not everything is quality, but if you don’t have the design skills, this is absolutely worth checking out. Other websites like Creative Market or The Hungry Jpeg offer many trendy and popular designs that your customers will love. The best part? You and your products will look professional and you can feel confident that you’re producing only the best products!
6. Network With Like-Minded Business OwnersUpon the purchase of your AP Lazer machine, you’ll get instant access to our AP Lazer User Group. With over 1k business owners and machine users, you’re bound to make some invaluable connections. We are a people-centric company and our mission is to build a priceless relationship with you and your business. We want nothing more than you to succeed in business while making the world a more precious place to live. Haven’t yet pulled the trigger on your own AP Lazer? We have a community for you, too! Join our AP Lazer Before you Buy Facebook Community full of laser enthusiasts who want to start, diversify or grow their current business with a laser. There are also machine owners in there who love to share their success stories, projects and ideas with the group.
7. Experiment OftenYour AP Lazer can engrave dozens of materials. Not only that, but it’s also capable of cutting things like wood, acrylic, paper, leather, and other fabrics. The only limit is your imagination! Get comfortable with these materials and experiment with different speed and power settings until you get the perfect result you’re looking for. Try something new once a week, or once a month if you are short on time. Look at websites like Esty or other websites where handmade goods are sold for inspiration and to get some creative ideas. Use material scrap or test on things you have lying around your house. Make a trip to Goodwill or your local thrift shop for cheap items that you aren’t afraid of screwing up. Mistakes will happen and the best mistakes are one we learn from.
8. Take Advantage of Open ArchitectureThe patented, open-architecture of your AP Lazer will allow you to tap into the large object engraving market. If you have competitors in your area, this single feature will dramatically set you apart from them. Showcase what you can do with the ability of your machine and you’ll soon find that there are dozens of high-profit, untapped markets that you can jump into.
9. Believe That You Can Do It!If you can dream it, you can do it. The greatest tool that you have is right in between your ears. There are already hundreds of people harnessing the power of AP Lazer to transform products and bring their customer’s dreams to life. Many have replaced their full-time income or started a successful business from scratch.
What are you waiting for? Click here to email us, utilize the chat feature on our website, or give us a call at 800-585-8617 to learn how you can change the future of your business.