From 2005 to 2015, the cremation rate increased from 32.3% to 48.5% (16.2%). 2104 funeral homes shut their doors during the same period. Do the math. That means that for every 1% rise in cremation, 130 funeral homes close their doors. By 2030, the predicted cremation rate will be 71%. At the same rate, 2925 more funeral homes will shut down.
AP Lazer will be your knight in shining armor. It will generate significant amounts of revenue from places you never thought possible. If you only add personalization to the products you already offer like caskets, urns and monuments you can pay for your AP Lazer in a few short months.
Once your machine is paid for, anything else you do with it is mostly profit. You can offer other laser engraved items to your customers such as memorial jewelry, memorial plaques, and other commemorative items.
One customer offers laser engraved river rocks (costing him less than $0.30/each) that families hand out to all funeral attendees in memory of their loved one.
Diversify into brand new industries and offer your community a new service. After all, you have spent years building your reputation and have shared many intimate moments in the darkest times of life.
From urns, caskets, granite memorials and all types of commemorative memorial products, AP Lazer gives you the ability to avoid becoming a statistic. We’re confident your business will succeed with AP Lazer so we’ve put together this handy graph to show you just how much revenue you can generate with engraving products you already offer.
Purchase Economics of AP Lazer
- The laser system recommended for the funeral industry is the SN4836. This machine includes laptop computer, software, training and set up assistance and costs about $40,000.
- With conservative engraved product volume assumptions of 2 caskets, 4 urns and 2 monuments per month, enough profit can be made in just 14 months to completely pay for the AP Lazer machine.
- Operating costs are simply 1 person at $20 per hour to run the machine and a small amount of electricity to power it.
- Based on these conservative low volume assumptions, you can make $42,000 in new revenue and $34,000 in profit, or 79% operating profit margin for your business in just 1 year with AP Lazer.
Leasing Economics of AP Lazer
If purchasing large equipment is not an option for your business at this time, we offer leasing programs to suit your needs.
- Lease a machine over a 5 year period at $789/ month (Tier I credit) and just slightly higher at $860/ month (Tier III credits.) After 5 years you can buy the machine for $1.
- With conservative engraved product volume assumptions of 2 caskets, 4 urns and 2 monuments per month, you can make significant profit immediately using the AP Lazer.
- Operating costs are simply 1 person at $20 per hour to run the machine, a small amount of electricity to power it and your month lease payment.
- Based on these conservative low volume assumptions, you can make $42,000 in new revenue and $23,000 in profit or 55% operating profit margin for your business in just one year.
In summary, AP Lazer is a great high margin supplemental business for any funeral home, whether you purchase or lease.
Generate even more revenue when you become a Memory Care Provider.